Terms and Conditions
Payment represents your acceptance of the following terms and conditions:
Parks Victoria and National Parks and Wildlife Service NSW are the Land Management Agencies, charged with protecting our wilderness. Rafting Australia is proud to hold permits with these agencies, allowing us to conduct river trips on precious land and water that might otherwise be inaccessible to most members of the public. Land Management agencies reserve the right to cancel trips for safety reasons. If this occurs, we will work with the client (you) to reschedule your trip on a mutually suitable date. No administration fee will be incurred.
Rescheduling and trip alterations:
As our river experiences are offered in the outdoors, we are subject to environmental changes, if these changes result in excess or insufficient water for our craft to safely negotiate the river, the raft type or the location of the trip may be altered or your trip may be rescheduled. This policy is critical for the safety of our clients and staff. Deposits will not be refunded in this situation, as you will be offered the choice of a trip on another river or on the same river on another date. In 30 years of commercial operation 5 trips have been rescheduled due to environmental factors. No administration fee will be incurred.
Cancellation and Refunds:
If you find it necessary to cancel your trip, please notify us as soon as possible. Please email the details so that they are recorded. All notifications should be from the effected person directly not via a 3rd party. Cancellation penalties are: 100%, if you cancel within 30 days prior to departure. Cancellation 30 days or more prior to the trip earn a full refund less a $50 per person administration fee.
We regret we cannot make exceptions for personal emergencies. For this reason, we strongly urge you to purchase trip cancellation insurance (see “Insurance” below).
Personal postponement of your trip may be made up to 14 days prior to your booking. A rebooking fee of $25pp will apply. This is often preferred to cancellation.
If you do not arrive at the meeting point at the designated time, we will attempt to contact you, if you are unable to arrive within an acceptable time the trip will commence without you. No refund and No rescheduled trip will be offered, you will have forfeited your trip.
If you do not attend the meeting point at the designated time and day, No refund and No rescheduled trip will be offered, you will have forfeited your trip.
Third Party Booking Agents:
Rafting Australia, take no responsibility for fees paid, errors, omissions, incorrect itineraries, and promises provided by third Party Booking agents. This refers to companies like Red Balloon and Adrenalin
All prices are in Australian Dollars. Prices include GST and National Park fees.
Gift Voucher Refunds/Transfers:
All Rafting Australia Gift Vouchers, which may be identified by the existence of a registration number and matching expiry date, are non-refundable and not exchangeable/redeemable for cash. Gift vouchers may be transferred to a third party for an administration fee of $25.
Lost/Stolen Gift Vouchers:
If a Rafting Australia Gift Voucher is received and subsequently lost, the recipient may be eligible to have a replacement voucher emailed to them.
Conditions for replacement of lost Gift Vouchers:
1. The voucher is still valid and has not yet been transferred or redeemed.
2. Proof of purchase is provided; voucher number, purchaser’s full name and purchaser’s email address.
3. Rafting Australia can correctly verify you as the original recipient.
Please note it is the voucher recipient’s responsibility to obtain and provide Rafting Australia with all required verification details. Failure to do so will mean no replacement voucher can be issued.
Gift Voucher Expiry-
Rafting Australia Gift Vouchers must be used within 3 years of the purchase date.
Expired vouchers are non-redeemable in whole or in part. After a voucher has expired, it is no longer valid, and all transaction attempts will be declined.
If you require a valid Gift Voucher to be extended there is a $50 admin fee per voucher. These vouchers will only be valid for rafting trips conducted during the months of September and October in the following year.
Although there are few prerequisites for joining a Rafting Australia trip, weight restrictions may apply, and being healthy certainly makes the experience more rewarding. People with heart trouble and pregnant women should have a physician’s approval before taking a river trip. Persons with various disabilities are welcome on Rafting Australia trips, pending a discussion of any special requirements.
Although our intention is for a safe trip for all, we strongly recommend that you protect yourself, your belongings, and your vacation through the purchase of a short-term traveller’s policy and Ambulance Service Membership. A trip cancellation policy covers your non-refundable payments in most cases, should you have to cancel your trip at the last minute due to illness or injury. Trip participants should realize that in the event of illness or injury on a river trip, evacuation can be prolonged, difficult, and expensive, we recommend Ambulance Service Membership. Baggage and cameras are carried entirely at the owner’s risk, and we accept no responsibility for lost, damaged or delayed property.
Assumption of Risk Form:
Everyone is required to sign a standard liability release or acknowledgement before the trip, acknowledging awareness and acceptance of risks associated with the trip.
Responsibility – An Important Notice:
Rafting Australia PTY LTD its subsidiaries and cooperating agencies act only in the capacity of agents for the participants in all matters relating to transportation and/or all other related travel services, and assume no responsibility for injury, loss or damage to person or property, however caused, in connection with any service, including, but not limited to that resulting directly or indirectly from acts of God, detention, annoyance, delays and expenses arising from quarantine, strikes, theft, pilferage, force majeure, failure of any means of conveyance to arrive or depart as scheduled, civil disturbances, government restrictions or regulations, and discrepancies or changes in transit over which we have no control. Reasonable changes in itinerary may be made where deemed advisable for the comfort and well-being of the participants, including postponement due to water fluctuation, insufficient bookings, and other factors. Prices and dates subject to change without notice.
Our guides work very hard to please you and provide an excellent experience. They appreciate whatever feedback you care to give them, including a gratuity if you so desired.
Storage of Personal and Financial Information:
Due to the nature of our product, it is necessary to collect and store a certain amount of personal information. By providing us with the details listed below, you consent to the storage of this information for a period of time deemed appropriate by Rafting Australia.
Personal information includes, but is not limited to, your first name, last name, phone number and email address. Financial information is processed by Booking Boss and The Commonwealth Bank and is not retained by Rafting Australia
Rafting Australia sends out e-newsletters and occasionally area or activity specific news, that we think you’ll want to hear about, but you can count on us NEVER to sell or share your email address with any third party company and you can unsubscribe at any time. Additionally, all personal information is strictly protected.
Acknowledgements and expectations of a customer:
- The CUSTOMER must disclose any pre-existing medical or other conditions that may affect the risk that either the CUSTOMER or any other person will suffer injury loss or damage.
- The CUSTOMER acknowledges that the PROPRIETOR relies on the information provided by the CUSTOMER, and the CUSTOMER states that all such information is accurate and complete.
- The CUSTOMER understands and acknowledges the dangers associated with the consumption of alcohol or any mind-altering substance and declares that they are not currently under the effect of Alcohol or any mind-altering substance. The CUSTOMER accepts full responsibility for injury loss or damage associated with the consumption of alcohol or any mind-altering substance.
- The CUSTOMER agrees with the PROPRIETER that the CUSTOMER will obey and will comply with all rules and directions made or given by the proprietor in connection with the trip. In particular, the CUSTOMER has been advised to wear an approved Buoyancy Vest and Helmet at all times during the trip.
- All accidents, injuries, loss or damage must be reported by the CUSTOMER to the PROPRIETOR before the CUSTOMER leaves the PROPRIETORS property or leaves the trip.
- If the CUSTOMER suffers any injuries or illness, the CUSTOMER agrees that the PROPRIETOR, servants, or agents, may provide evacuation, first aid and medical treatment at the CUSTOMER’S expense and the CUSTOMER’S acceptance of these terms and conditions constitutes the CUSTOMER’S consent to such evacuation, first aid and/or medical treatment.
- The CUSTOMER grants permission to the PROPRIETOR to take photographic images or video of the CUSTOMER during the activity and to allow the use of such images for promotional purposes by the PROPRIETOR on the internet and other promotional mediums.
Pandemic booking conditions
- If a covid lockdown occurs or covid restrictions are imposed which prevent the trip from going ahead, all deposits/payments will be refunded, or the trip rescheduled to a date satisfactory to both parties.
- If a student or member/s of your group are determined to be ill and or have covid symptoms with-in 14 days of your trip you must contact us immediately stating these facts. All notifications should be from the effected person directly not via a 3rd party. If the illness results in the participant being unable to attend due to being tested positive for covid and can produce a positive PCR test along with a doctors medical certificate which describes the illness prior to the trip we will rescheduled their trip. No administration fee will be incurred. Post-dated test results and post-dated medical certificates are not acceptable
- All participants will be temperature tested prior to departure. If any group members temperature test indicates an abnormal temperature, they will be asked to leave the trip and return home. As we will have committed our staff and resources to your program no refund or date change will be offered in this instance. See option 2 if you are sick before the trip!
- As rafting places are currently in extremely high demand anyone who decides not to participant within 30 days of the booked trip without a medical reason as outlined in option 2 will forfeit 100% of their payment.