One or Two-day adventure
When One isn’t enough.
Mitta Mitta 1 Day Trip
Mitta Mitta 2 Day Trip
Mitta Mitta River Gorge
One or Two-day adventure
Adrenalin pumping world class white-water rafting, 60 rapids classed from 2 to 4, including, Grave Yard, Dislocation, S bend, Waterfall and Gobler. Experience towering granite river gorges and the exquisite wilderness of the majestic Alpine National Park during your 19km rapid descent.
Plummet between intricate rock formations and tackle the foaming fury of the Mitta Gorge on a one or two day double shot adventure, your adrenalin will hit overdrive.
This is our most popular peak season river trip boasting over 100 five star trip advisor reviews. Our “rafting junkies” return year after year to test their skills against Mother Nature’s moods.
All tuition and preparation for this incredible journey are included on the morning of your trip by our experienced guides to make sure you are thoroughly prepared for your rapid descent.
BOOK YOUR MITTA ADVENTURE
We Guarantee you’ll get Wet.
Season June – December (Peak season July-October) If conditions change late in the season you will be offered to join us on the summer/autumn programme or we can transfer your booking to the next season in the peak period.
Availability Every weekend or mid-week by request. All trips are subject to min number of 6 participants.
Grade 2 to 4, suits novice to experienced, children from 30kg and over.
Location Mitta Mitta River near Omeo, 45min from Mt Hotham.
Price $250 per person one day, $420 per person two day
Meeting Point Rafting Australia’s base at Hinnomunjie 8.30am (10min drive from Omeo township)
What is supplied?
- Fleece jumper/s
- Breathable spray tops
- Hi-float buoyancy vest
- River transfers
- Rafts, paddles, safety equipment, first aid and emergency communications
- Lunch, vegetarian (If you have any food intolerances please bring you own lunch)
- Internationally experienced river guides
- Bring warm clothes for the end of the day including a warm jacket.
- Glasses strap (if required) especially if you have an expensive pair of sunnies/glasses
- Personal medication if required and please advise one of our guides upon meeting them at the Rafting Australia river base so that it can get packed into a dry bag.
- Sunscreen, beanie, insect repellent
- Drinking bottle/water bottle
- If you have your own thermal underwear (Not cotton) you may bring it along to wear under raft gear or you can just wear your underwear or swimmers.
- An average level of fitness is required, no previous white water experience is necessary
- Children must weigh a min of 30kgs to be correctly fitted into a Hi-float buoyancy vest and be able to listen and follow guides directions
- If you have any medical conditions or dietary requirements that may be relevant please inform the office staff prior to the trip (lunch is vegetarian, most request’s can be accommodated however as we work in a remote location it’s sometimes better for you to bring along any specialized meal requirements to be added to our lunch)