Don’t Let The Names Frighten You… Wait Till You See Our Guides!
With 30 years experience Rafting Australia have an epic reputation
Share the adventure
Sharks Tooth and
The pinnacle of SE Australian Summer rafting is experienced on the Alpine streams near Township of Mitta Mitta in NE Victoria during the months of October to May.
Each day on the river is a new adventure, even for seasoned guides. River conditions are constantly changing and having access to three different river trips, all in one place, ensures that we can provide you with the best experience on the day. River volume is the key ingredient to awesome rafting and we will draw on over 30 years of whitewater experience to ensure that your day is maximised by choosing the best possible river section.
White water rafting
- High volume big boat sharks tooth river rafting.
- Technical sports rafting on the Snowy Gorge.
- Or the ever escalating challenges of sports rafting on the Lower Mitta Mitta River which includes the class 4 decents of sharks tooth part 1 to 3 and corkscrew rapids.
Every option will provide its own adrenalin rush, awesome scenery and a taste of Australian wildlife.
If you tackle big boat Mitta Mitta rafting, sharks tooth, roller coaster the weir and a 7m rock jump will fuel a rafting addiction.
The personal challenge of the Snowy Gorge tackling over 40 rapids including, zig zag, Snowy drop and coming to terms with the Terminator.
Or Sports rafting the awesome technical rapids of the Mitta Mitta, where each rapid increases in intensity as you descend the river with the highlights being your descent of Shark tooth part 1 to 3 and the biggest challenge “corkscrew” at the end of the day. Trust us this is nothing like opening a bottle of wine!!
Or double the fun by challenging yourself to the Mitta Mitta Snowy Gorge double shot and take on 2 sections over 2 fun-filled days.
BEGIN AN ADVENTURE
Book a Package
Share the adventure
Season October – May
Availability Every weekend or mid-week by request. All trips are subject to min number of 4 participants.
Grade 2 to 4, suits novice to experienced, children from 30kg and over.
Location Lower Mitta river near Mitta Mitta township, 50min from Albury.
Meeting Point Mitta Mitta township, at the rotunda in the park next to the pub.
Time The day starts at 10:30 AM meeting in the Mitta Mitta Township, we are on the river after an early lunch and generally finish around 4:30 PM.
Price $220 per person
What is supplied
- Hi-float buoyancy vest
- River transfers
- Rafts, paddles, safety equipment, first aid and emergency communications
- If the weather is cool we will supply wetsuits and spray jackets
- Internationally and locally experienced river guides
- Lunch, vegetarian (Corporate or large group booking lunch requests can be arranged upon booking. Please call 02 60771164 to discuss)
What to Bring / Wear
- A pair of runners/sports shoes that can get wet – NOT thongs, sandals or Crocs
- Shorts mid-long length to protect your legs and a t-shirt or sun-shirt with sleeves/collar is preferable
- Glasses strap (if required) especially if you have an expensive pair of sunnies
- Personal medication if required and please advise one of our guides on the day
- Bring warm clothes for the end of the day including a warm jacket as the weather can change quite quickly
- Sunscreen, peak hat, inset repellent
- Drinking bottle/water bottle
Fitness / Experience
- An average level of fitness is required, no previous white water experience is necessary
- Children must weigh a min of 30kgs to be correctly fitting into a Hi-float buoyancy vest and be able to listen and follow guides directions
- If you have any medical conditions or dietary requirements that may be relevant please inform the river staff prior to the trip (lunch is vegetarian, most request can be accommodated however as we live in a remote location its sometimes better for you to bring along any specialized meal requirements to be added to our lunch)
Recommended places to stay
Witches garden holiday house– Lovely home near the river. Please call Felicity and Lew 02 6072 3533
Dartmouth Holiday homes and units– They have many styles of accommodation options. Please call Robyn for details 02 6072 4233
Mitta Mitta Pub– Old pub turned new! Extensive renovations, pub style accommodation, great place to kick back at the end of your trip for a few cold ones and a meal. Please call 02 6072 3541
Magora caravan park– Camping next to the river, great amenities. Please call 02 6072 3568
Or you could break up your trip and stay in-
Albury/Beechworth/Yackandandra etc (just allow time to travel to us on the morning of your trip which starts at 10.30am and is approx. 1 hr drive from Albury)