the best summer rafting !
There’s an enormous volume of water coming from Dartmouth dam.
Share the adventure
Lower Mitta Mitta River
Dartmouth – One day
This river section provides the best summer rafting in Southern Australia with the longest grade 4 rapid commercially available in Victoria.
With enormous volume of water being pumped out of Dartmouth dam to create a deep fast flowing river with big waves giving conditions similar to the rivers of New Zealand and Canada.
You’ll tackle The Weir, Rollercoaster, Sharks tooth part 1,2 & 3, Raft Eater and many more.
Sharks Tooth being the most challenging rapid at 350 meters long with waves up to 2.5 meters high with a vertical drop of 6 meters. You will be on a whitewater high.
Between rapids our guides will entertain and challenge you with fun water activities, the chance to take the plunge from a 6 or 2 meter cliff jump and swim in the pristine pools.
All preparation for this fantastic summer journey are taught to you on the morning of your trip by our experienced guides to make sure you are thoroughly prepared for your descent.
River shuttles, equipment, guides and lunch are all catered for, just bring your sense of adventure for the great outdoors and come along on a trip not to be forgotten this summer.
White water rafting
- High volume big boat sharks tooth river rafting.
- Technical sports rafting on the Snowy Gorge.
- Or the ever escalating challenges of sports rafting on the Lower Mitta Mitta River which includes the class 4 decents of sharks tooth part 1 to 3 and corkscrew rapids.
This river will provide its own adrenalin rush, awesome scenery and a taste of Australian wildlife.
If you tackle big boat Mitta Mitta rafting, sharks tooth, roller coaster the weir and a 7m rock jump will fuel a rafting addiction.
The personal challenge of the Snowy Gorge tackling over 40 rapids including, zig zag, Snowy drop and coming to terms with the Terminator.
Or Sports rafting the awesome technical rapids of the Mitta Mitta, where each rapid increases in intensity as you descend the river with the highlights being your descent of Shark tooth part 1 to 3 and the biggest challenge “corkscrew” at the end of the day. Trust us this is nothing like opening a bottle of wine!!
Or double the fun by challenging yourself to the Mitta Mitta Snowy Gorge double shot and take on 2 sections over 2 fun-filled days.
BOOK Lower Mitter ADVENTURE
We Guarantee you’ll get Wet.
Sharks Tooth/Snowy Gorge 1 Day Trip
Season November – April
Availability Every weekend or mid-week by request. All trips are subject to min number of 4 participants.
Grade 2 to 4, suits novice to experienced, children from 30kg and over.
Location Lower Mitta river near Mitta Mitta township, 50min from Albury.
Meeting Point Mitta Mitta township, at the rotunda in the park next to the pub.
Time The day starts at 10:30 AM meeting in the Mitta Mitta Township, we are on the river after an early lunch and generally finish around 4:30 PM.
Price $220 per person
What is supplied
- Hi-float buoyancy vest
- River transfers
- Rafts, paddles, safety equipment, first aid and emergency communications
- If the weather is cool we will supply wetsuits and spray jackets
- Internationally and locally experienced river guides
- Lunch, vegetarian (Corporate or large group booking lunch requests can be arranged upon booking. Please call 02 60771164 to discuss)
- Internationally experienced river guides
- A pair of runners/sports shoes that can get wet – NOT thongs, sandals or Crocs
- Shorts mid-long length to protect your legs and a t-shirt or sun-shirt with sleeves/collar is preferable
- Glasses strap (if required) especially if you have an expensive pair of sunnies
- Personal medication if required and please advise one of our guides on the day
- Bring warm clothes for the end of the day including a warm jacket as the weather can change quite quickly
- Sunscreen, peak hat, inset repellent
- Drinking bottle/water bottle
- An average level of fitness is required, no previous white water experience is necessary
- Children must weigh a min of 30kgs to be correctly fitting into a Hi-float buoyancy vest and be able to listen and follow guides directions
- If you have any medical conditions or dietary requirements that may be relevant please inform the river staff prior to the trip (lunch is vegetarian, most request can be accommodated however as we live in a remote location its sometimes better for you to bring along any specialized meal requirements to be added to our lunch)
Witches garden holiday house– Lovely home near the river. Please call Felicity and Lew 02 6072 3533
Dartmouth Holiday homes and units– They have many styles of accommodation options. Please call Robyn for details 02 6072 4233
Mitta Mitta Pub– Old pub turned new! Extensive renovations, pub style accommodation, great place to kick back at the end of your trip for a few cold ones and a meal. Please call 02 6072 3541
Magora caravan park– Camping next to the river, great amenities. Please call 02 6072 3568
Or you could break up your trip and stay in-
Albury/Beechworth/Yackandandra etc (just allow time to travel to us on the morning of your trip which starts at 10.30am and is approx. 1 hr drive from Albury)