Australia’s Murray River
The Murray sets the boundary.
Upper Murray river sports rafting
Tackle the whitewater challenges of the Upper Murray one on one whilst captaining your sports raft. Sports rafting brings you closer to the action so you get the biggest thrill.
Challenging class 1-3 rapids make for an exciting descent, your raft will plummet between intricate rock formations for 6 km ensuring an adrenalin rush.
Soothe the adrenalin flow with a relaxing swim in the pristine pools. Enjoy the amazing birdlife and savour the majestic scenery including views across the Kosciusko National Park and Tom Groggin Station!
To bring out your competitive nature you will also have the chance to compete in the WWWCPC (World White Water Canoe Polo Championship) a fun filled game with loads of challenges even a slowly sinking ball.
Before you get on the river, you will know everything you need to know about paddling your own self emptying sports raft safely.
Then your adventure begins on a calm section of river, where your guides will prepare you, for your white water journey.
Our professional and trained river guides accompany every trip, providing entertainment and safety for the entire group. You will receive continuous instruction, describing how to manoeuvre your sports raft and explanations of river running technique.
It is affordable; nail biting, exhilarating and a great way to cool off this summer. With rapids ranging from grade 1 to 3, there is something for everyone on this river.
BOOK YOUR ADVENTURE
We Guarantee you’ll get Wet.
Upper Murray River 1 Day Trip
Availability Every weekend or mid-week by request. All trips are subject to min number of 4 participants.
Grade 1 to 3, suits novice to experienced, children from 30kg and over.
Location Upper Murray river, near Tom Groggin station, 30 min drive from Thredbo
Meeting Point Tom Groggin picnic grounds
Time The day starts at 10:30 AM meeting at the Tom Groggin camping grounds car park. We are on the river just after an early lunch and generally finish around 4:30 PM.
- Hi-float buoyancy vest
- River transfers
- Rafts, paddles, safety equipment, first aid and emergency communications
- Lunch, vegetarian (Corporate or large group booking lunch requests can be arranged upon booking. Please call 02 60771164 to discuss)
- Internationally experienced river guides
As conditions are traditionally very warm at this time of year, wetsuits are not required however are available if conditions are cool along with the following-
- Breathable spray tops
- A pair of runners/sports shoes that can get wet – NOT thongs, sandals or Crocs
- Shorts mid-long length to protect your legs and a t-shirt or sun-shirt with sleeves/collar is preferable
- Glasses strap (if required) especially if you have an expensive pair of sunnies
- Personal medication if required and please advise one of our guides on the day
- Bring warm clothes for the end of the day including a warm jacket as the weather can change quite quickly
- Sunscreen, peak hat, inset repellent
- Drinking bottle/water bottle
- An average level of fitness is required, no previous white water experience is necessary
- Children must weigh a min of 30kgs to be correctly fitting into a Hi-float buoyancy vest and be able to listen and follow guides directions
- If you have any medical conditions or dietary requirements that may be relevant please inform the river staff prior to the trip (lunch is vegetarian, most request can be accommodated however as we live in a remote location its sometimes better for you to bring along any specialized meal requirements to be added to our lunch)
Corryong hotel motel – Cosy place with Pub and Country style meals
Mountain View motel – Clean and tidy rooms.
Corryong country inn – Comfortable rooms and an elegant restaurant
Colac Colac caravan park – Nice camping ground and Cabins
Airbnb – Bed n Breakfast / House Accommodation Booking Site